Re: Swapping motors?

You can most certainly drop the engine out the bottom and then lift the car.
This may the best way to do it in your case. I often prefer to pull engines out
the bottom anyway- this is the way to do it with a lift. I happen to have a
chain falls, so I pull engines out the top with it when at home.
    Good luck!
    -Josiah