Re: Radiator/block seal--comments?

In a message dated 10/27/98 7:13:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
skerocdriver@juno.com writes:

>  Either way, find the leak first before you ever think about
>  dunping some stop leak stuff into the radiator. Thats a bad way to fix
>  stuff.

This is no joke. Putting stuff in the coolant system is really bad idea- some
of the products are metallic junk that will clog up small passage ways and
might lead to choke points. One mechanic I talked to said that this stuff
could lead to increased wear on parts like the water pump.

The other kind of stop leak is Epoxy Glue type stuff that coats the insides of
your engine, your cooling system, your heater coil- Ugh. This will reduce the
conductivity of the heat from the metal into the coolant, keeping the heat
trapped in the engine ( where it belongs ? ;)

Fix the leak.Think of the car like your body. If you had a hole in your
stomach you wouldn't drink confetti or glue to stop it up, right?

TBerk
- --