Weird electrical happenings...

Hiya -

While driving home tonight, in the wet and dark, my fresh air blower and
voltmeter both died simultaneously. At the time, the fan was on full, and
the voltmeter was doing its thing. I pulled into the next gas station that
I came across, and did a quick check, and it seems that all other
electrical activities are working as should be. On the way after the gas
station, I thought that it must be a fuse, but when I got home, no such
luck. I haven't gone over my bentley wiring diagrams, mostly because my
bentley is for 85 up sciroccos, and I own an 82.

Would I be correct in assuming that there is probably just a loose wire
going there - on this year, does the voltmeter feed off of the fan, or vice
versa? Like I said, I couldn't find a blown fuse, and I'm reaching out to
you guys and your expertise to help me out some here...

Please CC a reply directly to me, as I'm currently digesting the list...

Thanks a bunch guys!

Greg

- --