87/87 Scirocco 8v motor code

I've been trying to piece together some info on the last 8v Sciroccos sold
in the US.  I have found inconclusive evidence that the engine code was
'HT', rated at 100hp, 105lbs of torque at 5500rpm, had a 10:1 compression
ratio, and a hydro 'big-valve' head.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Here's the reason:

I have a choice as to which car I build for IT racing, an 84 GTI, or an
84 Scirocco.  Due to SCCA rules, the minimum weight for the Scirocco is
90 pounds more then the GTI, BUT the 'HT' engine could easily tip the
balance back towards the Scirocco...anyone?

Thanks!

==Brett
- --