Re: Droopy Idle

At 04:02 PM 10/26/98 , Brad Sheridan wrote:
>At 12:20 PM 10/26/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>Well, I'm now at wits end with my idle problem.  Last week when coming to a
>>stop, my rpms would drop down to about 200 before bouncing back to 1000 and
>>staying there.  Now, 20% of the time when I come off the throttle the car
>>will stall.
>>
>>The motor is an RD code 1.8 with Knock sensor and CIS-E.  I have checked
>>the idle switch and it is working, mixture is correct, idle stabilizer
>>checks out fine.  Fuel filter is new, pump is good.
>>
>>What have I missed?????

Does your car have one of those idle stabilizer valves like the 16Vs do?
It's the little film-canister sized thing with hoses attaching to the
intake boot... ya know, the one that buzzes?
	A trick I learned was to yank out the rubber hose from the intake and
spray Carb & Choke cleaner into the stabilizer valve... lots of time oil
gets puked in there and forms a nice sludge which causes the valve to slow
down in its operation and not catch the idle fast enough.  Spray a little
in there at a time, for several applications, and start the car between
applications, lest it may not start at all.
	GL and HTH and all that jazz.
			Jason

- --