Re: Suspension....

Sometimes spring manufacturers will make the front a little higher in order to
increase the handling performance while trail braking. This means feathering
the brake while entering a turn -and thusly making the car settle down up
front. The net result is a "normal" ride stance under cornering conditions.

I'll admit, though, it doesn't really *look* all that racy.

Alex Ting wrote:

> Hey Chris,
>
> the reason for the rake is that the stock
> suspension sits that way normally, and most aftermarket
> manufacturers don't take that into account.  They develop
> their springs to perform, not to level out the VW.

- --
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut
Hotrod Rabbit GTi
SCCA PRO Rally driver

"Next event is the Pine Barrens Express on November 21st. -an all dirt brisk
TSD through the forests of Southern New Jersey."

- --