Re: overheating

Hello, all-

First day back on the list and a recent problem with my Scirocco is being
discussed.  Cool.

I understand that there is a 'burping' procedure that you have to go
through when refilling the cooling system.  I recently had the following
problem.  The idiot light inside the water temperature 'gauge' wouldn't
stop blinking at me until the car was warm (like 1/2way up that gauge).
Having just replaced the radiator this summer as well as the Thermo Switch
(fan wouldn't shut off) I knew the system wasn't really overheating.
Besides, the needles on the water temp and oil temp were low.  Anyway, I
had just decided to look in Bently for this procedure, when the symptom
went away.  These cars do occaisionally fix themselves, you know.  I think
the thing burped itself. ('Burp' is certainly not Bently's word).

Check the book, and get some ethylene glcol in there.

Slainte
        -Ed.

>so  does this require me draining and refilling?
>
>Alex Ting
>Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
>8303 Sierra College Blvd., Suite 150
>Granite Bay, CA 95746