Re: [tech] valve adjustment

Thanks to Kevin and Shawn for the responses to my valve adjustment question.
Turns out they're all in spec- I checked 'em today. Got to replace the valve
cover gasket though, that's good- it was leaking fairly badly, especially by
the timing belt. Didn't go all rubber because I wanted to get it done today and
I couldn't get one around here.
    Turns out the reason I was idling roughly (and running badly) was that I
had my ignition timing too far advanced. I thought I'd been hearing
preignition, even with 93 octane, but I thought, "Couldn't be- must be my
exhaust leak" and let it go. But I twisted my distributor about 12 degrees
clockwise and it has so much more power now I can't believe it. Eh, I'll
actually put a TIMING LIGHT on it tomorrow- what a concept!
    Then: the fuel enrichment module that Brian Honnold helped me figure out! I
went to the junkyard the other day and picked up three of the relays that I
need for it (I only need one- just thought I'd get some extras in case it works
really well and I want to build some for other people). I'll let you all know
how it works.
    Then: (this winter) Autotech tri-Y header and 2.25" exhaust : ) with
probably whatever those cheapo mufflers are- Dynomax Super Turbo or something?
My local muffler shop will weld some nice hangers on and bend up the rest of
the pipe that I need.
    Thanks again all,
    -Josiah