Suspension....

Everyone I know has been happy with H&R (what I have) or Neuspeed
lowering springs.

Some people on this list run Neuspeed race and like them.

I personally had Eibachs on my 1980S and did not like them - they were
too harsh for my taste. But the guy I sold them too (who autoxes) loves
them. I know others that tried Eibach and did not like them.

I have heard unkind words for the HOR springs for A1 models.

I know nothing about Suspension Techniques except that they must have
given VW&P (now EC) butt-loads of free springs becuz nearly every project
car they did had them in the late 80's and early nineties. I understand
that they are linear.

All the springs cost about the same - $150 - $200 (I paid $180 or so for
my H&Rs)

I use Boge TurboGas.

I have owned Bilstein HD, they lasted forever - bit a were a little
harsh. They were still going strong at 20,000 miles when my 1981S met
it's untimely fate.

If you race the adjustables (Tokico) may be for you - you can firm it up
for the race, then soften up for the street.

Boge TurboGas should cost about $160 or so (what I paid)

Good luck!

Mark . . .   (THINK VW)
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO2/mark.htm
- --------- Begin forwarded message ----------