time for a new clutch

My '80 will soon need a new clutch.  For the time being, the engine will
remain stock.  Is there any reason I wouldn't use the standard replacement
parts?  I thought I might start autocrossing the car in the Spring, but I
don't know if that's much more demanding on the clutch than rush hour
traffic.

Thanks

   Gary Moore, Technical Editor
   gary.moore@pobox.com, magritte@serv.net