RE: Suspension....

>On Monday, October 26, 1998 9:48 AM, Alex Ting
>[SMTP:alex@millenniumsolutions.net] wrote:
>>
>> I guess it all depends on how firm is firm for
>> you.
>> I'm running Neuspeed race springs, which are
>> very stiff, but ultra-flat for cornering.  These are
>> a little uncomfortable for daily use, and have lowered
>> the roc about 1.75"
>> For shocks, I'm using Tokico HPs, which were decent
>> before they blew due to the race springs.
>>
>> I probably going to go to the Illumina adjustables, as I've
>> heard good things about them.
>>
>> Whatever springs you get, make sure you get progressive rates.
>
>Alex Ting
>
>Alex brings up a point here that I have heard a lot lately.  That is,
the
>preference for progressive rate springs.  Does anyone have experience
with
>both that they could share.
>
>I am about to swap out my Eibach progressives for a set of Suspension
>Techniques non-progressive.
>
>Brian Honnold
>'78 Rocco Ragtop

Alex & Brian-
Not an answer, but another question. The uGLi has tokico HPs and
progressive Sus. Techniques springs (silver=sportline?). before I put
the springs in the car sat with the nose higher than the ass. Now, After
the springs, its the same difference in front/back (wheelie), but around
1- 1.5" lower?

is this the Tokico's or something else?

Can i cut the progressive springs?

Brian- why aren't yours progressive? older models?

The springs I took out (stock) were NOT progressive (wound equally all
the way, top to bottom).

supprisingly, the car rides better with the aftermarket springs in it.
It has a 'comfort' -like zone. It's just what Im looking for now that I
don't have to have the biggest/stiffest/fastest whatever on the car.

I'm leaving my racing to Karts now- its the closest you can come to F1
without knocking over a bank!

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen