Re: [tech] random misfire problem

At 01:15 AM 10/26/98 , Kevin wrote:
>	I've put many new parts on the car, so i'll list the relevant ones:
>new euro curve dist (at approx. 16deg initial timing)
>new 1 range colder plugs
>new wires
>new MSD Blaster coil
>new alternator+ground straps everywhere
>power cleaned injectors
>new engine
>new O2 sensor
>electronic idle stabilizer bypassed

	The one thing that stcks out, Kevin, is fuel pump stuff.  Since your new
engine is doing the same thing the old one did, obviously you need to look
in all the places where the old stuff is still there... What are your
emissions reports showing?  Really high HC?
	I would check to see that (a) your fuel pump is getting a constant supply
of power, and if so, I would swap it out with one that you know works
well.. This way you will be certain to eliminate it as suspect.
	Good luck.
		Jason

- --