Re: Pulled over again for window tint (long)

At 19:27 10/22/98 -0700, Brad Sheridan wrote:
>What do crazies have to do with cops? Excluding of course the many mentally
>deranged cops I've seen dealt with? If you're implying that somehow cops
>alleviate the amount of crazies, thats ridiculous. Cops don't do crap for
>people, they're just there to administer additional taxes(traffic tickets)
>on people. The only times I could've used some help from a cop, they did
>not a damn thing for me. They don't investigate crimes. Hell even when you
>do the investigation for them, they still can't solve a crime. They lie,
>falsify evidence, all in the name of laziness, because real investigations
>take too much effort.
>
>Brad
>PS. For the question"What do you call 10,000 cops at the bottom of the
>ocean?", the answer is "a good start!"

All right, we got us a debate going... ;^)

Have you noticed the reasons cops pull you over for these days?  And what
gets used for probable cause?  "Uh, sir, your brake light wasn't working"
or "Uh, you were weaving...is everything ok?" or "Uh, sir, your window
tints seems too dark"   ...see the trend?  A lot of bs excuses to cop a
look (pun intended) in your car because they found it is an effective means
to find wrongdoing via random searches, something that the law otherwise
proscribes.  *I* don't like it *either* when it happens to me, because *I*
haven't done anything wrong *either*.

I've dealt with asshole cops before (and I do what I can about them), and
it sounds like you've had your fair share of them too, I just didn't see
the point in generalizing that all of them ought to be done away with (in
humour or not).

Peace,
Joachim

Joachim and Belinda and Hobi and Griffin in Houston, TX
...and now Lucky, the rescue kitten, too!
beekj@ghg.net

A Liberal's generosity is limited only by your income.

- --