Re: Cold start /Air bypass Valve...???

 I recently had an idling problem with my '82 Roco.....
it would start but would not idle, and I would have to keep my foot on the gas
pedal just
to keep it running...
 after a few minutes when it gets warm or hot...the car idles fine...maybe a little
high but
it does idle....

 anyway, I took it to a mechanic and he replaced the "Air bypass valve", and now
when you
start the car, it jumps to 2000 rpms and sits there for a while before slowly
dropping to
around 1000 rpms....sounds like a freight train....
  Of course the mechanic said that that was standard for the car that I had, and of
course
 I found that very hard to believe....

 anyway, from what I could figure out, the mixture was probably not set correctly
or maybe
way way way too high or rich...
  after some adjustments of the mixture along with the idle screw I've gotten the
initial idle
 to come down some but not to a perfect setting as of yet since I have to start
with a
 "Cold" car....

   anybody have any ideas or think I'm on the right track here ???

- --
|   Etop Udoh        |  Southern Polytechnic State University [89-##]  |
|  P.O. Box 4234     |  HTTP://Personal.atl.bellsouth.net/~s_druid     |
| Marietta, Ga 30061 |  << s_druid@bellsouth.net >> <<Eudoh@spsu.edu>> |
| "....D E N Y   E V E R Y T H I N G   -   T R U S T   N O   O N E...."|