Re: rear brake conv. question

In a message dated 10/21/98 6:11:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
josiah@gsinet.net writes:

> Our cars
>  are light enough that, IMHO, rear discs are not really necessary. I've
never
>  had a problem with my brakes (stock), and I drive HARD sometimes.
I did a little research ont this a while back and here's what I found. Drums
stop better than the disc due to the larger surface area, BUT and it's a big
but! They are horrible at dissipating heat and will go into fade very quickly.
This is not as noticeable in the rear, but it causes the rear shoes to break
down rapidly. I looked at my shoes when I did the conversion and they had
lotsa life but were cracked severely. I will also point out that I live in FL
and heat is a bigger issue year round. This is my experience, take from it
what you wish and add to it so that I may learn more! See ya!

Frank

'82 8v
- --