RE: Supercharged vs. Turbo

Chris Chambers wrote:
>ok as long as we are talking about superchargers, can you put one
>on
>a 10:1 2.0l engine? That is what I have in my 85 Scirocco.
>
>Chris

  AFAIK, that is too high a compression ratio to run any good boost.
You'd want around 8.0:1 CR to run a decent boost level. Running high
boost on a high CR engine will lead to detonation. I've heard of people
decreasing the CR by putting in and extra head gasket, or special metal
plate. That sounds kinda scary to me, but it's worth looking into if you
are set on putting a super into your car.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco

- --