Re: tranny manipulation

Save your self a ton of cash and get a 5th from a junked FF or FN tranny
(.071 usually). I believe you must remove the plate on the driver's side
end of the tranny.

Autotech and others sell these for hundreds of dollars <gasp>

supposedly, you don't even have to remove the tranny.

I plan to do this to the 9A in my Golf GT and to the close ratio that I
put in my '82 Scirocco next year.

Consult with Potterman or Mark @ Adiron for expertise on any tools
necessary.

Mark . . .   (THINK VW)
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Scirocco 1978
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO2/mark.htm