Pictures of the self-destruction!

For those of you who have followed my 16V transmission nightmare, I have the
tranny out of the car and took a picture of what will be referred as "the
hole" from now on.  Okay, it's not THAT big, less than a centimeter.  But
this definitely is not typical self-machining syndrome as a dime-sized piece
of aluminum fell was knocked out of "the hole" and one edge of the Quaife
differential is actually visible now.

Pictures are at http://effervescent.com/vw/pics/.  Check out
selfdestruct1.jpg and chunkybits.jpg.

Also available are some pictures from our trip to Oktobugfest at the State
Fairgrounds in Puyallup, WA, yesteraday.  I even went so far as to buy
ANOTHER Scirocco just so I could participate in the cruise down there!  But
hey... I've always wanted a flash silver 16V!  :)
http://effervescent.com/vw/pics/oktobugfest15.jpg

- -Bradley
1986 S 16V 2.0l (Red) Still in critical condition.
1987 S 16V (Flash Silver) Bone stock!

P.S.  How can you guys stand the stock gearing?  4000 RPM at 70 MPH!  Ugh.
I need another fifth gear kit!

- --