Re: Supercharged vs. Turbo

Keep in mind though, that turbos are considerably
more peaky whereas supers are more linear in their
power delivery and power bands.
Turbos ultimately have more power potential, but at
the cost of higher underhood temps.
And, although supers have lower operating temps,
they put an equal amount of stress on engine internals.

I think it really comes down to what you are trying to
accomplish with your car.  For all out horsepower and
drags, the turbo is the way to go.  For daily driving, especially
city stop-and-go, the super is ideal.

As far as install and maintenence, the super is more
readily accessible and therefore easier to maintain.

my .02 psi.......

Alex Ting
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
8303 Sierra College Blvd., Suite 150
Granite Bay, CA 95746

Phone: 888-801-2001 or 916-797-9998
Fax: 916-797-9997
Email: alex@millenniumsolutions.net

> From: Brad Sheridan <brads@mindspring.com>
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: Supercharged vs. Turbo
> Date: Monday, October 19, 1998 1:25 PM
>
> At 12:52 PM 10/19/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >Anyway, a chapter in the book is devoted to turbos and superchargers for
VW