SV: Bosch injectors in CIS 16V head?

> With all this talk about turbocharging a 16V, has anybody ever
seen/heard of anyone machining the 16V heads to accept the Bosch
injectors you're almost certainly going to want to use along
with a different programmable ECU (Haltech?  Electromotive?
Motec?  Motronic/EEC-IV/etc from a junkyard donor?)

You don't have to machine the head, remove the plastic insert
that the injektors mount in and change them to the newer style
used on G60, later 16V with elektronik injektion. Bore and
thread is same.

> Saab gets away with using 9:1 compression in exchange for a
low-mass turbo producing relatively little additional horsepower
but retaining relatively high-compression economy, and I've seen
10:1 applications (Turbo & HiTech Performance featured an NSX)
that introduced alcohol upon boost to combat detonation.

Compression ratio depends on how much power you want out of
motor, running high compression makes it risky to boost high but
you have nice low end power that you loose some when lowering
compression ratio. With a 16V head with the spark plug in the
center and elektronik ignition with knock retard 9:1 compression
ratio should be possible with nice boostnumbers to. +200 hp is
easily reached.

> Aerodyne makes turbos that are permanently lubricated with
some synthetic oil cartridge that resolve some oil feed problems
that odd placement can cause.  I think the aforementioned NSX
used one.

What it might be is a oil pressure accumulator that gets
pressure after you start motor and when you shut down it
continous for 5 minutes to lubricate motor, good for
aftercooling turbo bearings

> It would be especially nice to do away with the leaky 16V
camshaft-mounted distributor with some form of direct-fire
ignition, while we're at it...

> -Ken

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82