Almost a new scirocco owner

I'm going to go look at an 86 Scirocco next weekend.  As far as i know it's
a 8v automatic and in real good condition, just needs struts.  First
question, does anyone know how much plain stock struts cost, and how long
it should take to put in??  Second question, does anyone have an 86 and
have you had any "bugs" with it that are going to empty my bank account.
I'm really excited about this car, but i don't wanna go hungry fixing it.
I currently have a Ford (ewww...) Escort GL Wagon, it's a great little pimp
ride, but i want a small car with some potential, Am I gonna be
satisfied???  Any help would be great, you can email me direct or to the list.
+ + + + BioHazard Communications + + + +
      http://biocom.hypermart.net
- --