Re: Dashlights: change from green to amber? - easy!

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:48:03 -0500 (CDT) Ilias Glavinas
<elias@tesla.wustl.edu> writes:

>price of *gasp* $3 each --which is grand larceny. THE easiest way to
>change the color of a bulb is to use nail polish. Go to Walgreens or
>somewhere similar where you would be likely to find every tacky color
>imaginable (I got a green nail polish for my VDO gauge-bulbs). Then
>simply paint the bulbs with a thick (or thin, depending on how much of
>the color you want to show) layer of the polish, and they will shine
>colorfully for years (I have had mine like this for almost two years and

>the color hasn't faded at all from the bulb heat). This trick was
>mentioned to me by Awesome GTI, a VW place in Manchester, England.

Sounds like something I will have to try with my Roc's white faces. Id
like to have a blue light shinning on the faces. I might have to go to a
gawdy fingernail polish store... maybe one of those gothic stores can
hook me up.
I saw a bunch of light bulb condoms at a truck stop in Green River Utah.
Also saw all kinds of different colored bulbs to choose from as well.
$2.99 for a package of 2 bulbs. Something like that.
I would of looked more closely if it wasnt 3AM and I wasnt being attacked
by a zillion bugs at the time. They should call the place "Green BUGS",
not "Green River".
So I know they're out there, just gotta find them.

>ps: Now that I know that the green filter can be taken off neatly and
>without too much hassle, I think I will break it off and opt for
>painting my bulbs something totally outrageous like purple :-)

Yah, id like to put in black lights in the GLi! That would look cool with
<insert plug here> Bretts awesome custom made "for ME cuz im the Shawn"
guage faces! Hmm theres an idea........

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and