Re: Dashlights: change from green to amber? - easy!

> But I still insist! :-)
>
> Tell me how you will get rid of the greenish "window" that the light from
> the bulbs has to go through.

	oh, now i see what you're talking about.  i was talking about the red,
green, blue, and yellow LEDs that tell us when our highbeams are on, or
turn signals are operating, etc.

	the light you're talking about is white to begin with and shines thru a
green film, correct?  i haven't done it yet, but i cannot imagine it to
be too difficult to remove that piece of plastic and to replace it with
the coloured film of your choice.  again, i haven't done it, but i've
heard that it's easy, so until i get my hands dirty with it, i'l stick
to my guns.

> The only way I can think of is if one breaks
> that greenish "window" region, and leaves it empty, and then paints the
> bulbs whatever color he chooses.

	that may work as well, indeed it may work even better than my
suggestion.  i guess we won't know til we try, huh?

> But "super easy" it is not.

	maybe.  maybe not.  ;)

jason
the mad bastard