Re: Going Price on a rebuilt 16v

How about the going rate of a 2.0L 16V shortblock.  I already have
the 1.8L 16V motor but need a 2.0L 16V shortblock (okay, would like
one).  Or should I perhaps just freshen the 1.8 and hope that gearing
really is the reason why the 16V's have no low end.  What's the
cheapest anyone has seen a euro intake cam for one of these suckers?
Also, seeing how a new scirocco 16V downpipe costs about $400 no
matter who I buy it from, has anyone had any experience with the
Bellvue Motorsports headers for the 16V?

> Date:          Fri, 16 Oct 1998 23:14:10 -0400
> From:          brett@kodak.com (Brett VanSprewenburg)
> To:            Scirocco-L@scirocco.org, Garyhuf@christcom.net
> Subject:       Re: Going Price on a rebuilt 16v

> How much rebuilt?  I mean, there is a HUGE sliding scale of rebuilding...
> Rough estimate, cheap end: $1000, expensive (w/head): $3,000.
>
> See, lotsa room to maneuver in there, care to be more specific on the
> condition of said engine, and your expectation of you might want to replace
> while everything is out and apart...?
>
> ==Brett

                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
            "What, behind the rabbit?"
                veritech@fix.net
        http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/2422/
- --