Tire fell off!

I have a question that i desperately need answered soon.  Is it possible
to bleed the front brakes on a 16v without taking off the tires?  I ask
this because I had the local VW dealer bleed my brakes and driving home,
one of the front tires fell off(while driving!), and now i have damage to
the rotors, a big crack in the body and, the wheel is also messed up, plus
who knows what else is wrong?  the car was resting on the rotor for about
10 minutes, so what else could have been damaged?  So If you tell me that
you have to take off the front tires to bleed the brakes then I will know
that the VW dealer messed up and they can't blame it on me.  Thanks a lot.

Rich Deede
University Of Delaware (Communications)
1987 Scirocco 16v

"Think about how dumb the average person is, and then remember that half
the population is EVEN stupider!"....George Carlin

- --