Re: best timing???

From:          "Gary Huff  Garyhuf@christcom.net" <Garyhuf@christcom.net>
To:            <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Date:          Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:46:08 +0000
Subject:       best timing???

You are running the stock distributer right.  I used to run 10-12
depending on the season.  I would back it off during the hot summer
months.  If you have it too high you will hear it ping esp around 4k

You may consider a euro curve distributer ($100) with that you can
run 16 deg on 87 octane(i do all the time)  and you get lots of
torque around 3,000rpm

hth
Tony
What would the best timing advance be for an 8v motor with 2 1/4" cat
back exhaust, running 93 octane, and ram air??? I am getting my
timing light back soon and need to time my car. I was just wondering
what the best seems to be for all the 8v people out there. Thanks

  \  /
 \ \/ /
  \/\/        -Gary Huff
               "The Mostly Black 85 Scirocco"