RE: [Techn,Idle) Idle 1800p/min after hitting 200km/h with my ca

Lauri Pettai wrote:
>After I hit 200km/h mark by my speedo my Idle went up to 1800p/min and
no
>way it's coming down. It's been so for 2 month already and I can't find
>cure. Any ideas? Checked all the cabling and stuff, but no use!
Gas/mileage
>has gone bad too! My mechanic suggested to go to VW dealer, but they
charge >35$ per hour just
>to check what's wrong and usual outcome is that buy a new car...
>
>Lauri!
>'84 Scirocco GTI Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)

I've never dealt with this problem, but this is how I'd deal with it.

The general reason that vw engines idle fast is that there is air getting
into the intake manifold somehow. I would check all of the hoses leading
into the intake, and any other place that air might be leaking in. What
was the engine temp at during your fun run? Could possibly the intake
manifold gasket somehow been damaged into leaking. I've never heard of
this, but it might be possible.

lemme know how it turns out, if you solve it or not.

Jonas
'85 Scirocco

- --