VW sightings (was: Pennsylvania)

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:43:25 -0400 scirocco.gtx@juno.com (Mark A Peele) wrote

>I did a little day trip up (in the '82) to Philadelphia yesterday to pick
>up a Thule roof rack for my Golf GT.
>
>I travelled mainly on US 30 east bound towards Philly.
>
>On the way I saw a couple of Scirocco sightings:
>
>* near lancaster I noticed a Cabriolet, then two MK2 Sciroccos in a
>driveway - a lister? (should be!)
>* I saw a beautiful red MK1 coming at me near Paoli, PA on a divided
>highway portion of U.S. 30 - it had a front air dam and very nice paint.

I'm surprised you didn't see more.....there was a pretty big show in
Morgantown on Sunday, Volkstoberfest?  Lots of watercooled.  It was the
first time I went, but I think in the past it's been a big aircooled show,
yet I think the watercooled contingent outweighted the aircooled.

And I think everyone on the list should give a big congratulations to
fellow lister Brett Van Sprewenburg who took 3rd place in the
Scirocco/Corrado modified.  Way to go, Brett!

(so maybe he will stop whining now about how "I never win
ANNNNNNNYTHIIIIING." oh, and ask Brett about K–nig Villans. :-)))))))))) )

It was fun, too....the night before they hosted a small cruise to a Chinese
pagoda on a hill overlooking Reading, PA.  Brett & I took some great in-car
vid, with appropriate soundtracks (Orb-Little Fluffy Clouds) and then on
the thrash down the hill (Mission Impossible theme).

| Jim Jarrett,CCP                                                   |
| Eastman Kodak Co. - Professional Digital Cameras                  |
| 901 Elmgrove Road MC 35440                                        |
| Rochester, NY 14653-5440         Phone:(716) 726-6365             |
| jarrett@kodak.com           All opinions expressed are mine alone |
| http://www.kodak.com                                              |