My '79 S For Sale....details.

All right folks here it is.
I am selling my '79 Scirocco S.

1)Where am I.  I'm in Dallas.
2)How much?  Undecided.  The car is in kinda rough shape cosmetically, but
is very
sound mechanically.
3)Do you have any pix?  No pix online, but I can send you some older ones,
in JPEG format.

Here is a list of mods I have made to the car:
15x6" OZ Starlite wheels (2 piece forged, spin welded like Porsche 911
Turbo, very light and VERY strong) with bald Dunlop SP8000 in 205/50-Z15 and
also have the factory 13x5" alloys with 205/60-H13.
Golf GTI 8V Throttle body, port matched to intake.
G-grind cam.
K&N Filter, drilled air box, 80mm thick rim sensor housing.
ABD Racing anti-roll bars, 22&25mm, urethane bushings.
16V front lower chassis tie bar.
Autotech front upper tie bar.
Poly bushings on ALL front suspension points incl. strut bearing.
Poly steering rack bushings, new tie rod boots 2 years ago.
Hor Tech springs w/ Boge ProGas shocks/strut inserts.
Vented 9.4" front brake conversion w/braided stainless lines, new rotors
with cheap semi-metallic pads.
Techtonics short shift.
Neuspeed shift weight.
VW Heavy Duty motor mounts on all sides except poly on front.
Autotech tri-y header & exhaust (49 state car=no cat from factory, has
sticker in door.)
Shortened shift lever.
Momo Super Anatomic shift knob.
Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel.
16V front seats (installed last month, perfect exc. for rip in outer drivers
seat bolster)
Oil pressure guage alongside factory oil temp.
Brett Van S's white guage faces.
Hella 500 7" round pencil-beam driving lights with 100w bulbs on front
bumper (BRIGHT!)
New (3 years old) factory S style front airdam from Autotech (in perfect
shape).

Other stuff, not really mods.
1.6 rebuilt about 30K miles ago, runs VERY strong for what it is.  Runs
Mobil 1, which I change every 3K miles. (I have surprised several cars.  Top
speed approx 120mph (+/- 5), verified when racing a good friends VTEC
Integra.)
New clutch/pressure plate/release bearing in the fall of '96. (Wide ratio
5-speed, Amsoil gear lube)
New Diehard battery about 6 months ago.
New/rebuilt starter 4 weeks ago.
Rebuilt alternator 1 1/2 years ago.
Multiple ground wire additions.
New throttle cable.
New Bosch plug wires, cap, rotor, points, & platinum plugs.
New injector O-rings.
New Bosch fuel filter.
New Bosch fuel pump 2 1/2 years ago.
Working A/C & heater.
New passenger door handle.

Misc.:
Ugly, decaying paint, slight surface rust. No real cancer.
Rust in gas tank, so I replace the fuel filter when I change the oil.
Wrecked a long time ago in right rear, outer body repaired well, some
wrinkles visible under hatch.  Left rear trailing arm bent slightly,
resulting in slightly more positive camber for left rear wheel, has not ever
effected tire wear and the car tracks straight.  All in all it is pretty
solid.
Cracked front windshield.  2 long cracks, not repairable, but still
perfectly driveable.
Front and rear bumper covers in great shape.

I love this car.  I bought it as an almost bare shell and built it in my
mother's back yard.  I just bought my Corrado SLC and cannot afford to keep
the 'Rocco, as much as it really does break my heart that I cannot keep it
to race and have to get rid of it.  However, I would VERY MUCH prefer that
it go to another Scirocco person.  I would have bought a 16V if one had come
along that was nice enough, but all of them around here are junk.  Then this
Corrado came along at a price I could not refuse.  At least a previous owner
converted it to quad round headlights.

Aaron
'79 Scirocco S - FOR SALE (in Dallas, Texas)
'93 Corrado SLC

- --