Re: Where?

Sorry, I. Mannix, as an academic whose been trained lately in the art of
liberal thinking (my friends and I call it the Macalester syndrome.   It
goes something like this, "I am liberal and open minded, I believe in
Vegetarianism, rights for everybody, the belief that everybody has a
right to believe in whatever they want to believe in, and if you don't
believe these things, you're wrong.")(Get the joke?) I have to side with
the other guy.   Other guy, I'm sorry but I have already deleted your
name.
Sorry, Other Guy, as a "Born again" I have to side with I. Mannix.
Strange that I am a Born again, and let me tell you why.   One night
while I was walking home after class, I was accosted buy a very well
meaning man who asked me if I had heard about the Lord, etc.   Upon
being questioned, as I was in an Academic frame of mind, he quoted a
Psalm, which I'm sorry to say had nothing to do with the question.
That's ok, I'm used to it, I had to live with my mother for 18 years.
Never the less, he truly and sincerely wanted me to go to heaven.   What
can I say?   That's better than the schmuck whose cursing me to go to
hell after I do something really outrageous like drive the speed limit
(not so far off topic now, is it?).   He asked me to say a prayer with
him, so I did.   Then he gave me a little pamphlet and sent me on my
way.   Inside the pamphlet, it read, "So now you're born again!   Our
meeting times are Monday, Wednesday..."
Sorry, I. Mannix again, but the side for the Other Guy does have another
point.   I tend to believe sincerely in Evolution-- No I'm not born
again, just in case any of you had doubts-- so I could by rights choose
a popular symbol that expresses my belief.   There are precedents, like,
oh... the Nazi's, or any number of those fucking foolish teenagers, or
even further misguided adults who choose ancient Wiccan and Druidic
symbols to attempt to show that they are Satanic worshipers...   Two
religions that had NOTHING to do with the Christian devil. I choose
symbols that have been perverted for a reason.   Mainly to show that the
misuse of symbols, in this case to prove a point, is not a valid reason
to use those symbols.   Yes, I am truly a liberal academic.   The
connotation, the intentions, the history, the uhh..... soul? the essence
is ignored, not doing justice to something that, if we demand due
consideration for our beliefs, deserve due consideration and the same
respect that we would like to receive.   Shit, there's that pesky golden
rule again...
So Actually, if you haven't guessed from the above, I sit at home with
my own beliefs and make fun of everybody, including myself.   The world
is so much easier to bear that way.   Incidentally, VW vs. Honda debate
is the same way with me.   My girlfriend owned a VX lovely car, the 40
Mpg was nice, until it was totaled.   Then she bought a Volkswagen.
*shrug*   I now get to rip on Hondas with a clear conscience.

- --------------ED47CA0641872EC6771F84EB--

- --