[mk1][cold start valve][help]

  I have been testing my cold start valve and it appears that all 3 of the
valves I own dont work.  I didnt follow the Bentley word for word but I
believe my test to work just the same.  Tell me if I am missing something.

  1) remove fuel pump relay
  2) insert 2 long wires into sockets L13 (terminal 30) and L14 (terminal
     87).  Make sure wires are long enough to stretch to the front of the
     vehicle.
  3) remove cold start valve from intake manifold leaving the plug
     connected.  Place valve in jar to collect fuel.
  4) remove plug from the thermo-time switch and place a jumper wire
     between the 2 terminals on the plug.
  5) remove the wire from terminal 50 on the starter solenoid (Should be
     either 10 or 12 guage red wire with black stripe).  Place jumper
     wire from the plug that went on terminal 50 of the starter solenoid
     to the positive terminal of the battery.
  6) connect jumpered wires from L13 and L14.

  When I do this, nothing happens, well except that the fuel pump runs.  I
checked to make sure that terminal 50 on both plugs of the thermo-time
switch and the cold start valve get 12.6v, and both do.  The wire that
runs from the plug of the thermo-time switch to the cold start valve
appears to be fine, around 0.2 ohms.  Luckily none of the cold start
valves leak, but none of them spray fuel when I do this test.  I shouldnt
have to pull up the air flow meter plate to get fuel to the fifth
injector so what else could be going wrong.  TIA

 Andre'
 Neon Green 79

- --