Re: More seat stuff

On all the seats I have come across, the cloth for the seat back is held
in place with a row of spiked tabs at the bottom rear of the seat back.
The cloth is sewn-up but left open at one end, like a pillowcase, which
then is pulled over the frame.  The long edges at the open end are
turned-over and sewn and a long metal rod put in.  The edges of the
cloth are then hooked over the spikes, the metal rod stopping the cloth
from ripping, and the spike tabs are bent over to secure everything.
All you have to do to get access to the seat cables is open out the
spikes and unhook the cloth. and then slide up the cloth.  The plastic
surround for the seat-back lever just prises out.

Cheers,

Ewan.

'85 2.0 Storm
'86 1.8 GT