RE: More seat stuff

I just did this not too long ago.  There are actually two cables running
from the lever, one to the hook on each side of the seat.  Usually the
longer (inside) wire is the one to break or stretch.  I bought a new wire
from the dealer for around $4.  All you have to do is take some needle nose
pliers and gentry pry back the four (I think it's four) metal clips at the
bottom of the seat back.  Be careful 'cause they're SHARP! :)  Once these
clips are out straight instead of bent, you can slip the seat cover out past
the clips.  Now you have access to the inside of the seat, and the wires
too.  If your wire is too long (like the one I got from the dealer was), you
can take it out and tie a loose knot in it to take up slack.  If the wire is
broken you can replace it.  My long dealer wire has a knot in it, adjusted
exactly to take up enough slack, and it works great :)

Good luck!

- -tim