Buying a Scirocco... (Fake GTX)?

Hey everyone,

I was inquiring on buying a Scirocco, but
there are things that I'm worried about on
this certain one.

It's an 84 GTX body, with a 91 16v engine, rebuilt
at 12,000 kms. Euro Signals, shortened bumpers,
fuba antenna, Leather interior, pw, pm, sunroof.
It's all good, but the only thing that worries me
in the 16v engine transfer. The guy who has it is
a VW mechanic, so I would have more confidence in
him than just some random person doing this. But
I'm also missing all the refinements that a 16v has
over an 8v, such as - Rear discs, Stress bars, skirts,
etc...

He also a "Scirocco GTX" badge on the back, but I can
tell it's not real, no euro bumpers, no euro lights.

Has anyone had experience with this type of situation,
am I getting myself into something that I will just have problems with?

TIA

Paully