Re: coil continuity

That strap goes on the eengine somewhere. I put mine on a valve cover bolt.
Yes, it is necessary, at least on mine. When the strap fell(rusted?) off,
my car wouldn't start. I got the coil and module, and was taking off the
coil bracket, and noticed the strap. I said to my self, "hmmm. I wonder if
this has something to do with it?" I hooked up and it started immediately.
I was pissed off at myself for not noticing that damn strap. I had to drive
my Toyota for an extra 4 days instead of selling it. Argh.

zach
86 8v