a big thankyou

I have really been overwhelmed with all your help with regards to my
transmission, thankyou to everyone who took the time to offer
suggestions/advice.  You really helped me out.  After spending some time on
the phone and ICQ'ing with a local friend I found a local shop who would
install a used automatic tranny for about $850 or convert to manual for
$1500-$2000, I then called Todd at Air & Water Enterprise in Philly, he
quoted a price for the conversion of about $1200 which seems too good to
turn down, so I'll be going with that. Now I just need to get it towed and
get a rental car.
If I was more knowledgeable in this area I would get together the parts
myself and have someone do it, but this is not really my area.  Todd's
reputation is well known in the area and I feel comfortable putting my car
in his hands.

Thanks again
Ian

- --