Re: Mexican vs German ( Westmoreland, PA plant) A3 on the way in!!!

Oops I ment to say:

My 1988 Golf GTI  16v (made in USA) was  built at
the Westmoreland, PA plant. I think 1990  was the end of
the USA production. At one time you could get a GTI
16v or a GTI 8v. I think the 16v's were USA cars and the
8v's were Mexico cars. The A3 Golf was on the way in at the time
so I think it was a good time to stop the production of the USA
cars. I think VW needed to improve there quality and lower
there cost so they had to close the factory.

Doug
87 & 81 Sciroccos

>Message text written by Jim Buck
>Which plant was it built at?  I wasn't aware that VW had any U.S. plants
since
>the Westmoreland, PA plant closed in 1984.

>Jim Buck 1987 16v
<

- --