Re: new tranny part deux

In a message dated 10/5/98 4:12:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, e@sbbs.se writes:

<< $755 plus about 6 hours to make about $1100 in total, is this an OK way to
 go? Totalled car had 70,000 miles on it and the tranny would be warrantied
 for a whole 30 days!

 thanks for all the responses so far

 ian >>
No junkyard is gonna charge that much for a tranny.. Well.. i know I'd never
give them that much.  it sounds like the Dealership is skimming a little off
the top on that one!  I have this sneaking impression that he quoted you a
HIGH price so that he could offer you this life saving option even though he's
still making a fortune.  I'd go back and inform him that you know that VW
transmissions go for a LOT less than that used.  HTH
Dan May
8716VScirocco 95.5Tacoma4x4(forsale--pics on webpage)
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
- --