Re: GEX engines

> Has anybody ever dealt with these
> guys before. I am considering dropping
> a 2.0 8v in my cabriolet, and am looking
> at my options.
>
> http://www.gex.com

Just second hand word of course, but I've heard that you should stay away
from them.  If you're looking for a used engine to rebuild (and it can be
done fairly inexpensively) I'd contact some local wreckers for a short
block (or even a place like Mark at Adirondak deals in this sort of thing,
I'm not sure if Mike at Virtual World does or not...?).  Buy the rebuild
parts and take it to a machine/engine shop.  More work on your part, but
it's pretty easy and can save you money in the long run.

==Brett
- --