Re: [tech] [non-rocco] Jetta fuel pump

At 12:19 PM 10/5/98 , Wm. Josiah Erikson wrote:
>faust wrote:
>> Will the fuel pump from 16v rocco work in a 87 Jetta GLI?
>No.

	Actually, it might.  16v Roccos up until about 6/87 used the 8v fuel
pump-- I went through this fiasco when replacing mine.  If the GLI is a
16v, the pumps should be the same... I think. Don't hold me to this, but
the best bet is to call your local Bosch dealer-- they'll have a reference
book to look in... and be sure to have the cars' VIN numbers and/or
production dates to make sure!
	GL HTH, etc...
			Jason

- --