Re: [tech] roc is missing on acceleration

>the AC removal is now done, thanks to help from
>Potterman, but a new problem has arisen :-(
>
>Help!
>
>after I put everything back together and fired it up,
>it began to hesitate when revving up.  I replaced the
>coil with a spare I had and the problem seemed to
>go away (in neutral).  Then, I went to drive it down the
>street and it has hesitating pretty bad in gear, but it
>would rev free in neutral still.  It feels like some sort of
>ignition problem, but I didn't touch anything in the
>ignition system while doing the AC.
>I just replaced the distributor with the "euro", but it ran fine
>with it before the water pump went out, so I don't think
>it was the problem.
>
>Any suggestions?
>Any tests?
>Please......
>
>TIA
>
>Alex Ting

Alex-
Keep this thread on list, please.  I've been having the same probs ever
since I did my conversion, too. I didn't change my dist, but I did do
the Timing belt.

It kinda feels like its missing when you're accelerating, right?

My car is FULL of other problems, so I didn't worry about it... as long
as it was running....

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen