Re: [16v]drag times

> >>The ET is totally separate from the RT.  You could have a 3 min RT
> >>and still have a good ET.
>
> And still lose the race.

Exactly.  I was simply trying to clarify that an RT does not effect the ET
on your time slip.

> >I look at this way:  Your ET is a measure of your best and a way to
> >look at how you've improved individually.
>

> No, that wound be your best way to measure how much better the car ran. I
> guess you could figure into it your shifting points if this iswhat you
> mean.

Yeah, since all of most likely have manual transaxles, the other guys are
running with autos, it was the hardest part for me last time I went.

> >Your RT is a measure of
> >your ability to beat another drover in a drag (in bracket).
>

> Not exactly the definition, but somewhat true. You can cut a perfect
> light and still get waxed.

Not if your ET is dead on with your dial-in, at least that's how I
understand it.

The difficult part is gettting your dial-in time right.

later
greg
- --