WIPEOUT... Doh!

Was cruising along yesterday night (one of the first drives since 4 months
in the Rocco), with "used to be good" continentals 14" in the front, used
to the bone.  I was to replace it today for some yokos 520As...

I was doing maybe 65k, and found myself in a curve, slipping, out of
control!!  AARGH, the front body kit got ripped off (it's still good i
think), the side of the road was a big mountain of dirt, which my passenger
side hit very violently...  That'll teach me to listen to some Death while
driving...

I was with a good friend who is a like Shawn Meze but owns a GTi... He saw
my front rim: it was in my fender!  We decided to put the space saver, and
I got off home with no problems... He said, tomorrow, check your control
arm.  So I did!  Wow, ever seen a control arm G shaped?  Well, I replaced
it alone (never did that before), and I replaced my "original rivited
ball-joint-after-250 clicks"...  Now it runs ok, but it wasn't fun at all -
took 3 hours.  I had to drill holes for the sway bar.

The control arm cost me 20$ (CND) , but I got it myself (so that I can do
it on my car after :-) ... Try to top that price!

Well anyone else got reckless accidents?

Frank
85 Rocco...
- --