hard starting- still- assistance needed!!!!

my 85 wolfie jh 8v is giving fits- it is very hard to start, more so when cold
but still difficult when warm. in addition it does not idle smoothly at all.

I changed the oil, filter, air filter, plugs(NGK triple power), it has new
bosch wires, I put new hoses on the vaccuum advance and the idle boost valve,
among others, new injector seals, a bottle of techron in the tank, cleaned the
contacts on the cap and rotor, adjusted the timing to probably around 9
degrees.

I checked the cold start injector- it is functioning(therefore the time temp
switch is working). the aux. air regulator appears to be functioning (passed
the tests in bentley) and the idle air booster is functioning- below like
750rpm it clicks on and the idle speed rises.

I do not have the capability to check fuel pressure. the vacuum reading last
time I checked it was 13 in hg, better than ever before, a good sign. I
dropped the idle again, as it was about 1900 rpm- that was annoying. I have it
around 1000-1100 rpm now.

it still will not start and will not idle smoothly. I am tearing my hair out.

I do not want to have to take it to a shop to have it fixed. ideas?

ken
- --