Re: [tech] ignition cuts out

Try jiggling the key while the engine is running.  My ignition switch was
wearing out and the contacts were getting loose inside.  The engine would die
when the keys were moved.
HTH. GL.

 -dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/sailingfc/">http://members.aol.com/sailingfc
</A>

In a message dated 10/1/98 6:43:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, josiah@gsinet.net
writes:

> OK... JH engine we're talking about on a Rabbit GTi, CIS of course.
>  I'll be driving down the road, doesn't make a diff if I'm accelerating,
>  cornering, or anything, and the ignition will cut out momentarily, then
>  come back in. I know it's the ignition because the tach drops at the
>  same time. I'm thinking coil... anything else I should check first that
>  is a common failure? Anybody had this happen and fix it successfully?
>  I'd love to get it fixed before the race on Sunday, but if I don't, I'm
>  going to race ANYWAY because the damn car is at least RUNNING!! (excuse
>  me, had to vent... last time I was going to race, the car DIED on me the
>  DAY before the race.... turned out to be a fuel pump)
- --