82' Scirocco (1.7l) stuttering a bit...

My 82' Scirocco has been stuttering at idle and at part-throttle...
(when I floor it, it runs fine)...
I noted a few days ago a plastic t-joint on the driver side of the
engine compartment had been broken, would this be a vacuum hose?   It's
located right beside the hood release cable...
your help is appreciated...
cya

   Eric

P.S.  I also noticed that my fuel injectors seems sorta loose or wobbly
in their mounts, is that normal?? (I tend to think it's not, I'm buying
new f-inj. o-rings anyways, they're cheap..)..