Re: F*#king Theives!

On Sun, Nov 29, 1998 at 11:03:14PM -0500, Rich Deede wrote:

> You've got problems dude!

You've never had to hide in your apartment for 3 days while a near riot
occurs outside your window. It was worst for me in 1994, my freshman
year. We had a croud of ppl break our door down to use our bathroom. A
bunch of the guys who broke in started harrasing some women who were in
the dorm.

The next year, we prepared for the seige again, but this time at least two
ppl that I knew of came armed. Luckilly, the cops made a big effort to
crack down on the "partygoers" and closed all the exits on the
interstates, keeping the fray contained to the I75/85 canyon.

Attendance of freaknik has dropped every year since, thank god.

I am probably one of the minoriry of ppl at Tech that has not had their
car stolen or busted into. I know one person whose car has been stolen 4
times, and it's a POS 79 Monte Carlo!

Hey Brad, which year did you graduate Tech? Which freaknik did your
incident occur during? Freaknik is one of the biggest reasons I moved to
the west side of campus, that and not having to deal with vagrants from
the Techwood (the housing projects) wandering around at night.