Re: F*#king Theives! [surreal]

Since everyone is unloading stories, here's mine:
Last March, my main fuel pump just up and died.  Stone cold croaked.
However, this occured in my driveway, as I was leaving for church on a
Sunday morning (Big Guy's looking out for me), so Wife and I hopped in one
of our other three vehicles, and off we went.  When we got back, I diagnosed
the pump, covered the car with its fitted cover (at the front of our
1-car-wide drive, up against the garage, and parked my big, ugly Nissan 4x4
behind it.  The next night, someone sliced the right rear window seal with a
Stanley knife, removed the window, unlocked the car, got in, methodically
went through the glovebox (nothing in there), looked over my stereo (stock
AM-FM radio, no deck!), and then decided to hotwire the car.
    Of course, it refused to start, as the thief didn't have a working fuel
pump on his person.  So, he pops the hood, looks around, and, get this,
removes the driver-side front turn signal assembly.  That's it.  Then,
leaves everything in a mess and goes.
    It was obvious in the careful way the thief took everything apart that
the car was intended to be parted out, and that the turn signal was
definitely needed.  The cops weren't interested in doing a survey of local
Scirocco II's, to find the one with front driver-side damage, but with new
signal assembly with "86" production stamp.
    Since then, I have seen a Scirocco 2 with front fender damage and a new
signal, but have yet to decide whether to exact a sort of revenge.  I guess
I'm above that now; past it.  But it was a major pisser.
    Since then, the car has received an alarm system which has successfully
fended off another potential burglary; again, right in front of my house.
    Point is, in this day and age, whenever one has something nice, others
want it, and many such people have never done an honest day's work/paid off
a 3-year loan/scrimped/sacrificed/etc.  When we can teach others to do these
things and be respectful of others who are trying the same, then our worries
are basically over.

    Head in the clouds mode OFF

Later, lads; lock those doors, and hide the CD's,
Dave
'86 8v