Quick Question-Suspension

Is it possible to overtighten the top front strut nut?

Reason I ask...put on Koni's not to long ago...noticed some clunking on
bumps yesterday....look today to find my top nuts completely loose.

Took the car to local tire shop, they air gunned the nuts on REAL
tight...suddenly I had a real strong pull to the right.  got the car home,
put my 14" tires on to go play, adjusted my sway bar (neuspeed...those
heim joints are a bitch to get centered right)...now my car is DAMN
squirrly...pulls left, then right...worse on small bumps....I need to
align it...just making sure that having the top nuts too tight can't screw
anything up....

Eric