Re: F*#king Theives!

In a message dated 11/27/98 12:03:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spredhaus@hotmail.com writes:

<< Why do I save money to buy nice things, then have them all stolen?  This
 is like the 4th radio Ive lost. Ive also lost a different Jetta GLI, a
 set of BBS wheels, All my school books, a complete tool box, 2 radar
 decetors, and a leather motorcycle jacket... This sucks.

 Oh well, add it to the list.

 Sorry for the rant and bandwith....

VW's are VERY easy to break into.. hell, just about any car is.  I think the
point that needs to be made is that you should leave nothing in your car if
you live in a high crime area.  I had 6 broken windows in Buffalo NY in less
than one year before I realized that I needed to take everything out of the
car to be safe.  Yes, that means garbage too because the bastards might wanna
sift through your trash to find something of value.  The kind of people that
break into cars will take anything that they can convert into cash... so,
visible tapes, cd's, radios, radar detectors, etc are all fare game.  In my
old rabbit, I put a radio under the glove compartment very nicely hidden and i
camoflaged all of my good speakers with crappy covers and had wires coming out
of the dash for a decoy.  One day some crackbastard broke my window just for
an old cloth briefcase.... but he didn't get my radio!!!  Incedentally, the
rabbit was parked in the same part of Buffalo that my scirocco had $1500 worth
of stereo and tools taken from it.... so yeah, great neighborhood!!!
Dan May
8716VScirocco  95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87